Subject: Re: bug#39408: Breakpoints don't work with M-x gdb under TRAMP
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 11:59:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.3

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is already fixed in Emacs 28 thanks to bug#44173 (a78c614), which
> replaces the old GDB/MI parser (that converted the data to JSON first)
> with a more-robust parser. Attached is a patch to fix this under Emacs
> 27.
>
> The problem is that in `gdb-jsonify-buffer', when replacing the
> "fullname" with a Tramp path, the wildcard was greedy, resulting in
> only one "fullname" being replaced in the buffer. This had the effect
> of rendering it impossible to have more than one breakpoint, as all
> but the first breakpoint would have unmodified "fullname"s.

Pushed to the emacs-27 branch. Closing the bug.

Note: I don't know, whether there will be an Emacs 27.3. So the patch is
pushed just in case of.

Best regards, Michael.