Subject: Re: bug#34286: M-x man grep weird lines
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 11:54:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 23:04:29 +0000
> 
> > That's normal: faces straddle the newline.  In this case, it's the
> > underline face, but you will see the same if you use a face with a
> > non-default background color.
> 
> >From looking at this, the man page formatting is ok, but there is a
> problem with the buttons added to allow following references.
> 
> The first overlay button added by `Man-highlight-references0' uses a
> start position in the middle of a subsection heading in the "SEE ALSO"
> section, so something is not right with the regexps that locate these
> references.

Thanks, I fixed that one (and also another problem with handling
references to manpages divided between two lines).  The more general
problem, however, with the underline face straddling a newline, cannot
be helped.