Subject: Re: [bug#32431] [PATCH] gnu: clementine: Drop dependency on qtwebkit.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:35:26 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 07:57:07AM +0100, Pierre Langlois wrote:
> Ah yes, that's expected. when packaging this we agreed not to add any of
> the gst-plugins-{good,bad,ugly} to the inputs and let the user install
> what they want instead [0]. Although, while we defenetely shouldn't add
> 'bad' and 'ugly', I don't see any reason not to add 'good' to make sure
> it all works out of the box. But then, the dialog hints the user should
> install them so that's not so bad as it is.
> 
> Basically, I don't mind either way :-).

Previously, MP3 decoding in GStreamer was in gst-plugins-ugly because
MP3 was patented, but the patents expired and now gst-plugins-good
includes MP3.

I think the package should work as-is for its primary use case (music
playback), so I pushed your patches and also added gst-plugins-good and
gst-libav, ending with commit 8473f8024ceb8e7249702289b206782de7d4c71c.