Subject: Re: bug#31590: 25.1; malformed email address in RMAIL
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Olivier Nicole <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 11:51:54 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[Please keep the bug address on the CC line.]

> From: Olivier Nicole <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 15:39:08 +0700
> 
> It is not in mbox format because my sever uses maildir, but it is the
> exact file that would be queried by movemail from the POP server and
> happened to ~/RMAIL.

Well, then I'm afraid I don't see why movemail complained about an
invalid address.

> > From your bug report, I see that the "Malformed email address"
> > message comes from the movemail program, not from Emacs.  I don't
> > find such a message in the version of movemail we distribute with
> > Emacs, and since you say you have Mailutils installed, I guess you
> > should report this problem to the Mailutils developers.
> 
> Thank you, I will do so. I don't remember why I installed movemail
> from Mailutils, but there must have been an excellent reason. :)

Probably because Mailutils support secure POP3 connections, something
our version doesn't.  So you did right when you installed Mailutils.

However, the current version of Mailutils is 3.4, so maybe try
upgrading and see if the issue is already fixed.

> Thank you for looking at the problem.

I'm closing this bug report for now.  Feel free to reopen if the
problem turns out to be in Emacs after all.