Subject: Re: bug#19300: 24.4.51; visual-line-mode messes up after-string rendering when it spans all window columns
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:50:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 12/10/2014 07:58 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Turned out it was a remnant of a distant past.  Originally,
> overflow-newline-into-fringe was not supported when word-wrap was in
> effect.  That was fixed more than 5 years ago (see bug#2749), except
> in one corner case: when the last character before the newline is a
> whitespace character.
>
> I fixed that now on the emacs-24 branch (commit 0c2f254), please
> test.  Please be sure to test cursor motion, as this affects that as
> well.

Thanks! Wrapping seems to work as expected now.

The cursor movement also looks fine, except that now that I know about 
the newline-in-fringe indicator, seems a bit weird that it's only 
displayed when the window body width is a multiple of a column width.