Subject: Re: bug#16825: 24.3: conflicting types for `rpl_readlink' on powerpc-apple-darwin
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:54:23 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 02/25/2014 11:43 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> I think this is
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/14585

Yes, thanks, that sounds right, so let's continue the conversation about 
this problem at <[email-masked]>. I'll mark16825 as done, since 
its bug is fixed now.

Peter Dyballa, can you please try the following suggestion for 
Bug#14585?  It's taken from <http://bugs.gnu.org/16825#29>.  Thanks.

---

Please try changing this line in src/Makefile:

LD_SWITCH_SYSTEM_TEMACS= ... 690 ...

so that the 690 is something larger.  This is a hexadecimal number that 
is a multiple of (decimal) 56.  Please try 6C8, 700, etc., until you 
find a number that works, and let us know.  After editing src/Makefile, 
remove src/temacs and then type 'make'.

I don't use Mac OS X, by the way; I'm merely deriving this suggestion 
from David Reitter's email 
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-05/msg00462.html>.