Subject: Re: bug#8058: 24.0.50; NTEmacs LControl+RAlt chord ignored
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Le Wang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:02:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:25:24 +0800
> From: Le Wang <[email-masked]>
> Cc: 
> 
> 1. runemacs -Q
> 2. C-hk <LControl>+<RAlt>+x
> 
> notice nothing happens.  Key chord does not register.  I've seen this with
> 23.2.1 and CVS Emacs.  Is this by design?

Yes.  <LControl>+<RAlt> produces the AltGr key, which is needed on
non-US English keyboards to produce some non-ASCII characters.  If you
don't want Emacs to recognize AltGr, set the variable
w32-recognize-altgr to a nil value.  This variable is documented in
the Emacs manual, btw.

I'm closing the bug report.