Subject: Re: bug#79462: 14.1.0; Set correct TeX-sentinel-function before starting processes.
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Al Haji-Ali <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 09:34:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Provided that Al's analysis is correct, it seems to me that we
> can/should also change `(sit-for 0)' to `(redisplay)' or
> `(force-mode-line-update)' in `preview-start-*' functions. However, his
> proposal seems to be towards the right direction, so I'm in favor of
> acceptiong it. :-)

Thanks for the patch and the comment.  I installed that change with
commit f338ca4e and therefore closing this report.

@Al: Can you please do me a favor and don't use markdown style ticks in
commit messages?

  * preview.el (preview-gs-dvips-process-setup,
  preview-dvipng-process-setup, preview-pdf2dsc-process-setup,
  preview-dvipng-place-all): Set `TeX-sentinel-function` before calling
                                 ^---------------------^

Emacs convention is `x' or 'x', TIA.

Best, Arash