Subject: 30.1; completing-read-multiple broken
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 09:04:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Same bug as bug#76461.
Insertion in minibuffer from completion buffer is broken because it
tries to insert in prompt field which is read-only.

=> completion--replace: Text is read-only

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2025-02-23 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Linux Mint 21.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --bindir=/usr/local/sbin/emacs-30.1 --with-cairo
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --without-tree-sitter
 --without-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: 

Minor modes in effect:
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tv-save-place-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/helm/helm-autoloads hides /home/thierry/elisp/helm-extensions/helm-autoloads

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap mail-extr addressbook-bookmark
tv-mu4e-config advice gnus-and-mu4e mu4e-patch mu4e-contrib eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-module-loaddefs esh-util mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification
notifications mu4e-main smtpmail mu4e-view mu4e-mime-parts mu4e-headers
mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose mu4e-draft gnus-msg mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill hl-line
mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items
mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window
ido mu4e-obsolete emacsbug helm-command smerge-mode diff project
helm-dabbrev helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace tramp-adb
tramp-sh helm-ls-hg vc-hg helm-x-files helm-for-files helm-bookmark
helm-info bookmark crm image-file image-converter char-fold emms-config
emms-idapi-browser emms-idapi emms-idapi-musicbrainz emms-mpris
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-native emms-info-native-spc emms-info-native-mp3
emms-info-native-ogg emms-info-native-opus emms-info-native-flac
emms-info-native-vorbis bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-info emms-later-do emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat emms-auto helm-external helm-net
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf ffap
helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc vc-dispatcher
emacs-news-mode markdown-mode color make-mode flycheck org-indent
oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id org-refile org-element-ast
inline avl-tree generator ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt
org-protocol org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func org-compat
org-macs bug-reference thingatpt cus-start naquadah-theme view mule-util
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs server bm cl-extra imenu tv-utils
psession frameset pcase git-gutter dired-extension time winner
describe-variable help-fns radix-tree tv-save-place.el init-helm epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-descbinds cus-edit pp
wid-edit helm-sys helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc helm-files
image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util
image-mode exif filenotify tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date tramp-loaddefs helm-buffers helm-x-icons all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ring helm-regexp format-spec ansi-color helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads helm-autoloads helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async async dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs isl-autoloads mb-depth avoid cus-load gcmh easy-mmode
all-the-icons-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
info ledger-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads
w3m-load w3m-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1042871 753472) (symbols 48 40530 17)
 (strings 32 264977 54416) (string-bytes 1 6844402) (vectors 16 83675)
 (vector-slots 8 1569064 791756) (floats 8 4868 2092)
 (intervals 56 87355 1860) (buffers 984 126))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry