Subject: [PATCH] doc: contributing.texi: document yhetil.org web service.
From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 12:21:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Change-Id: I1a6a7283c9b25864447e0b0e396b72471db7ce74
Signed-off-by: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 23 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index c94ae940fa..2777f2279e 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -700,6 +700,29 @@ For more information, refer to @ref{Bug Reference,,, emacs, The GNU
 Emacs Manual} and @ref{Minor Mode,,, debbugs-ug, The Debbugs User
 Guide}.
 
+@node Tracking bugs and issues with public-inbox
+@subsection Tracking bugs and issues with public-inbox
+
+Contributing to Guix is strongly based on an email based workflow, as
+patches and bugs are sent by email to its corresponding
+maillists. Reviewers reply to emails, and an exchange thread follows
+until a consensus is reached, and the contribution is accepted or
+rejected. With time, this implies a deluge of emails on inboxes, which
+difficults collaboration of communities.
+
+As an alternative, the yhetil.org @url{https://yhetil.org} service,
+using Public Inbox @url{https://public-inbox.org/README.html}, provides
+an online, always available archive with the complete history of a
+maillist. It exposes a public, URL oriented fronted based on Message-ID
+identifiers to classify email exchanges. It offers full thread overview,
+atom feeds, reply links and thread download in mbox format for local
+maniputation.
+
+The yhetil.org service also includes advanced searching capabilities,
+which combined with mumi hints
+@url{https://issues.guix.gnu.org/help#search} to track status, tags,
+Message ID, etc., provides a powerful tool to contribute to Guix.
+
 @node Alternative Setups
 @section Alternative Setups

base-commit: 52c05f3b120e641c8bd2d68cfcf0d6af947de27b
-- 
2.48.1