Subject: docker-registry fails to build after commit
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 01:44:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The docker-registry package doesn't build anymore with the latest
revision of Guix.

I tracked it down by bisecting the problem with the following command
(run by hand, not with git bisect run):
> guix time-machine \
> --commit=$(git show HEAD --pretty=%H --no-patch) -- \
> build docker-registry

And it gave me this commit:
> 1e4a22c4d7a03ec8614b02f0878bc38b6ba54580 ("build-system/go: Add
> test-subdirs option key.").

Now, when I added docker-registry, I didn't un-bundle it, as I didn't
know how to do it (you showed me how to do that very recently with the
matterbridge package).

So do you know what is the way to fix docker-registry? Do we need to
modify the docker-registry package? Do we also need un-bundle it before
fixing it? Or is fixing 1e4a22c4d7a03ec8614b02f0878bc38b6ba54580 the
way to go?

Also note that whatever the solution is for this issue, I will still
try to find the time to do the same than we did for matterbridge with
docker-registry (this will take priority over continuing the work with
matterbridge).

Denis.