Subject: [PATCH 00/27] Astro update 2025/01
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 23:15:16 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

Just after python-team branch has been merged, during DDoS to GNU
infrastructure, before Guix unconference on FOSDEM 2025 and go-team branch
merge on horizon - the first astrosoft for this year (it's 2025 already!) is
ready for review.

The main highlights:
- Stellarium is upgraded to it's latest commit due to issue with INDI
  (24.3->24.4-0.60b6bec)
- More lower level projects are finally packaged, some of them depend on
  HEALPix: python-pixell
- Finally, packaged ducc - a numerical library with binding in C++, Rust,
  Python, Julia and Fortran

The log:
 - added [6/6]
   - [X] python-agnpy :: Modelling Active Galactic Nuclei radiative processes
     with python
   - [X] python-ducc0 :: Distinctly Useful Code Collection
   - [X] python-mapsims :: Map based simulations software for CMB Experiments
   - [X] python-pixell :: Tectangular pixel map manipulation and harmonic
     analysis
   - [X] python-pysm3 :: Sky emission simulations for Cosmic Microwave
     Background experiments
   - [X] ska-sdp-func :: SDP Processing Function Library
 - updated [20/20]
   - [X] calceph :: 4.0.3->4.0.4
   - [X] python-ads :: 0.12.6->0.12.77
   - [X] python-asdf-compression :: 0.0.1-0.57cc7e7->0.0.1-1.7cfd07c
   - [X] python-astropy-iers-data :: 0.2024.11.18.0.35.2->0.2025.1.20.0.32.27
   - [X] python-astroquery :: 0.4.7->0.4.8
   - [X] python-ccdproc :: 2.4.2->2.4.3
   - [X] python-cdflib :: 1.3.2->1.3.3
   - [X] python-crds :: 12.0.8->12.0.9
   - [X] python-czml3 :: 1.0.2->2.3.0.
   - [X] python-ndcube :: 2.2.4->2.3.0
   - [X] python-poppy :: 1.1.1->1.1.2
   - [X] python-rad :: 0.22.0->0.23.0
   - [X] python-roman-datamodels :: 0.22.0->0.23.0
   - [X] python-spectral-cube :: 0.6.5->0.6.6
   - [X] python-statmorph :: 0.6.0->0.6.1
   - [X] python-numexpr :: 2.8.4->2.9.0; starting from 2.10.0, NumPy 2+ is
     required
   - [X] python-sunpy-soar :: 1.10->1.11.0
   - [X] python-viresclient :: 0.12.0->0.12.1
   - [X] sextractor :: 2.28.0->2.28.2
   - [X] stellarium :: 24.3->24.4-0.60b6bec

Hand of help is need here.
 - issues [5/5][100%]
   - [X] python-astropy :: would be upgraded from 6.1.7 to 7.0.0; Python3.11
     is required
   - [X] python-stcal :: would be upgraded from 1.10.0 to 1.11.0; failed to
     build with numpy 1.24
     - [X] python-jwst
     - [X] python-jwst-reffiles
   - [X] python-naima :: would be upgraded from 0.10.0 to 0.10.2; NumPy 2 or
     later
   - [X] python-photutils :: would be upgraded from 1.10.0 to 1.11.0; NumPy
     1.25+
   - [X] python-poliastro :: failed to build, not maintained there is an
     alternative fork to wich we may migrate
     <https://github.com/pleiszenburg/hapsira>

The build stats for x86_64-linux:

#+begin_src shell
> ./pre-inst-env guix build calceph python-ads python-asdf-compression
  python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery python-ccdproc python-cdflib
  python-crds python-czml3 python-ducc0 python-mapsims python-ndcube
  python-numexpr python-pixell python-poppy python-pysm3 python-rad
  python-roman-datamodels python-so-noise-models python-spectral-cube
  python-statmorph python-sunpy-soar python-viresclient sextractor ska-sdp-func
  stellarium

/gnu/store/8117y20155rrlxdpdwf1fv0378jq5lf3-calceph-4.0.4
/gnu/store/vlsp69is3zl9fygf29if310hqrn9cqn7-python-ads-0.12.7
/gnu/store/7q6cy40d4n9j7qq6irhvqp50syrhw6qy-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-1.7cfd07c
/gnu/store/3wby3h12g8rs3gp001s32g50r71ssn8i-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2025.1.20.0.32.27
/gnu/store/xisipx93la5v021sfkkp7mhjb5m6b6ay-python-astroquery-0.4.8
/gnu/store/3fm9ic2sc9y1zvm0dp57yh1k8fwkskcg-python-ccdproc-2.4.3
/gnu/store/rqzj1h5r6fj82ycw77c0576jac1c4lrs-python-cdflib-1.3.3
/gnu/store/mrabslkj2cdrwfmikjas5vkxgb5af3nw-python-crds-12.0.9
/gnu/store/iwlin46pkd0kh8ihf6iakcbmrg2xp1sc-python-czml3-2.3.0
/gnu/store/bbdhcysdn39m205mm52vsnpvyck1xwiz-python-ducc0-0.36.0
/gnu/store/x7ywqh573xs3jzj3kfhll4f9blagwcgk-python-mapsims-2.6.0
/gnu/store/aj7xda4624g26f2varkjj731z2fvwzwd-python-ndcube-2.3.0
/gnu/store/s5zqqdri6969ixbxmw66354kh15yqmyx-python-numexpr-2.9.0
/gnu/store/pscp7qm569g35035nfcnrjym8qa7m681-python-pixell-0.28.0
/gnu/store/ww7zm8pc9wxvgkmg3askhk4pv9yd1ln6-python-poppy-1.1.2
/gnu/store/9ya2i65kq0jqg9pa39wqfn4ybrd644kw-python-pysm3-3.4.1a1
/gnu/store/9y40q58hmcdmkaz84ca82ndgc7bnljk5-python-rad-0.23.0
/gnu/store/rg6ks17zijb0yy40psxwq2ihlvjyb703-python-roman-datamodels-0.23.0
/gnu/store/d1qig8wq4l4mnk7x2zzc3x96g0dxirn7-python-so-noise-models-0.0.0-0.fac881e
/gnu/store/3f63pv6xx1lm3pygbqs6z4955pw2nqhq-python-spectral-cube-0.6.6
/gnu/store/3hzg0m82qn3p4d3bvzalih36b5cbn6gk-python-statmorph-0.6.1
/gnu/store/hmdjc16wsn9mnw935jxs51jqg1bcbsvj-python-sunpy-soar-1.11.0
/gnu/store/6wznz1xldpcmqjj78czj7c2h5dxvrlbl-python-viresclient-0.12.1
/gnu/store/2vaks8h599zyzk6qyxc4ln47ldxd71vw-sextractor-2.28.2
/gnu/store/2iwfw2zw99n0sca6j8pkyzdcc5hkfh5z-ska-sdp-func-1.2.2
/gnu/store/86ddzf3xvi8r8sx115na7dsmzk14a190-stellarium-24.4-0.60b6bec
#+end_src

#+begin_example
> ./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent calceph python-ads
python-asdf-compression python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery
python-ccdproc python-cdflib python-crds python-czml3 python-ducc0
python-mapsims python-ndcube python-numexpr python-pixell python-poppy
python-pysm3 python-rad python-roman-datamodels python-so-noise-models
python-spectral-cube python-statmorph python-sunpy-soar python-viresclient
sextractor ska-sdp-func stellarium

Building the following 59 packages would ensure 146 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
#+end_example

Sharlatan Hellseher (27):
  gnu: calceph: Update to 4.0.4.
  gnu: sextractor: Update to 2.28.2.
  gnu: stellarium: Update to 24.4-0.60b6bec.
  gnu: python-ads: Update to 0.12.7.
  gnu: python-asdf-compression: Update to 0.0.1-1.7cfd07c.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2025.1.20.0.32.27.
  gnu: python-astroquery: Update to 0.4.8.
  gnu: python-ccdproc: Update to 2.4.3.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.3.3.
  gnu: python-czml3: Update to 2.3.0.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 12.0.9.
  gnu: python-ndcube: Update to 2.3.0.
  gnu: python-numexpr: Update to 2.9.0.
  gnu: python-poppy: Update to 1.1.2.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.23.0.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.23.0.
  gnu: Add python-pvextractor-bootstrap.
  gnu: python-spectral-cube: Update to 0.6.6.
  gnu: python-statmorph: Update to 0.6.1.
  gnu: python-sunpy-soar: Update to 1.11.0.
  gnu: python-viresclient: Update to 0.12.1.
  gnu: Add ska-sdp-func.
  gnu: Add python-ducc0.
  gnu: Add python-pixell.
  gnu: Add python-pysm3.
  gnu: Add python-so-noise-models.
  gnu: Add python-mapsims.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm  | 568 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/maths.scm      |  40 +++
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm |  19 +-
 3 files changed, 504 insertions(+), 123 deletions(-)

base-commit: ae217b7159ee202229eab39cd49adb9254cd4a96
-- 
2.47.1