Subject: 29.2; tetris on windows
From: Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2024 14:01:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

the game tetris does not work in my setup.

Using "emacs -q" makes no difference.

The emacs used is a binary distribution downloaded from gnu.org

the screen appears in this way:

(in case this will be mangled in the email, the playfield is populated with
control characters, shown as "^H", "^G", etc.)

Thank you!

--------

     \0\0
     \0\0
     \0\0      Shapes: 00010
     \0\0      Rows:   00000
             Score:  00060

--------

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-01-18 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.19045.5011)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ITA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Tetris

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils gomoku
solitaire hanoi mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs view
sort help-mode rect tetris gamegrid misearch multi-isearch imenu go-mode
find-file ffap thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref project compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring time-date dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs go-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 143593 8118)
 (symbols 48 10267 0)
 (strings 32 33933 1438)
 (string-bytes 1 1028228)
 (vectors 16 21693)
 (vector-slots 8 445323 14364)
 (floats 8 70 246)
 (intervals 56 6098 45)
 (buffers 984 25))