Subject: Re: bug#72771: 31.0.50; shr html renderer throwing "Specified window is not displaying the current buffer"
From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2024 10:18:27 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 8/24/2024 11:22 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> That's again exactly what the current text does, just broken into
> sentences differently.
> 
> I'm sorry, I must understand what is it in the original text that
> misled you, before I can consider any changes.

Reordering the info was all I was trying to do. As I was reading it 
initially I thought that, "If this is zero, Emacs uses the value of 
space-width instead," referred back to the value of average-width, 
rather than forward to, "when it calculates text layout on display," 
since I hadn't read that far yet.

I was probably just reading too quickly, since the last phrase didn't 
make me reevaluate my incorrect understanding. But I thought I'd reorder 
things so it was harder to make that error.

Still, I understand it now and I'm not sure whether others would have 
the same issue, so I don't know if we need to worry about this .

> The updated patch LGTM, thanks.

Thanks for checking again. Pushed to the master branch as 55aad592e17, 
and closing this bug.