Subject: Re: bug#71213: [PATCH] Use the current face foreground for read-passwd icons
From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2024 19:14:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>>> We've done something similar for other icons, e.g. in 2021-11-02 "Use
>>>>> current face foreground for SVG icons in customize" (11702a6dd7c).  I
>>>>> think it makes sense for these too, since "#2e3436" (and any shade of
>>>>> not-strictly-gray-but-close-enough) is liable to have low contrast with
>>>>> the mode line background depending on the theme (e.g. modus-vivendi).
>>>>>
>>>>> Let me know what you think.
>>>>
>>>> I have absolutely no knowledge about image formats. I've stolen the two
>>>> files from the Gnome repository, that's it. So I won't object any
>>>> change.
>>>
>>> Right, AFAIU we followed the same approach for the icons I mention above
>>> (grabbed the icons somewhere, realized their foreground fared poorly
>>> depending on the background, stripped their 'fill' attribute).
>>
>> So I would say it is OK to install your patch. Other people will comment
>> only if they see an unexpected change, so this is likely the best way to
>> test your proposal :-)
>
> A'ight 🫡 thanks for weighing in; will install momentarily then, after
> adding the bug# to the changelog.

… and then promptly forget to close the bug 😳 Doing so now.