Subject: [PATCH 00/26] Astronomy update 2024/05.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 23:11:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

The spring is nearly over, but the number of updates and new packages
still coming with astro* soft update. With my gardening of the module
it's 100% covered with pyproject-build-system for each Python project
packed there and 100% built at least on x86_64 architecture.

I would like to add python-pyspedas - Python-based Space Physics
Environment Data Analysis Software, but it depends on
<https://cdaweb.gsfc.nasa.gov/WebServices/REST> which is licensed under
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Open_Source_Agreement>, so I'm doubt
if it's acceptable or not to include to Guix main channel.

This time some of the main highlights are:
- Bringing python-yt to Guix
- All python packages are build with pyproject-build-system
- All packages are buildable at least on x86_64 architecture

- added [4/4]
  - [X] python-yt :: Toolkit for analysis and visualization of
    volumetric data
  - [X] python-geopack ::  to add python-pyspedas
  - [X] python-comm :: Python Comm implementation for the Jupyter kernel
    protocol; to refresh python-ipywidgets
  - [X] python-viresclient :: Python package which connects to a VirES
    server, of which there are two: VirES for Swarm
    <https://vires.services> and VirES for Aeolus
    <https://aeolus.services>; to add python-pyspedas

- updated [15/15]
  - [X] calceph :: 3.5.5->4.0.0
  - [X] python-astropy-iers-data :: 0.2024.4.15.2.45.49->0.2024.5.13.0.30.12
  - [X] python-astropy :: 6.0.1->6.1.0
  - [X] python-astroscrappy :: 1.1.0->1.2.0
  - [X] python-ccdproc ::  2.4.1->2.4.2
  - [X] python-cdflib :: 1.2.6->1.3.1
  - [X] python-crds :: 11.17.20->11.17.22
  - [X] python-dust-extinction :: 1.3->1.4
  - [X] python-jplephem :: 2.21->2.22
  - [X] python-rad :: 0.19.2->0.20.0
  - [X] python-ewah-bool-utils :: 1.1.0->1.2.0
  - [X] python-roman-datamodels :: 0.19.1->0.20.0
  - [X] python-specutils :: 1.14.0->1.15.0
  - [X] python-stsci-image :: 2.3.5->2.3.7
  - [X] python-sunpy :: 5.1.2->5.1.3

After python-yt is available in Guix I would start preparing more Astropy
affiliated projects some of them looks very nice:
- python-tangos :: The Agile Numerical Galaxy Organisation System
- python-jdaviz :: JWST astronomical data analysis tools in the Jupyter platform

I also would like to bring IRAF project to Guix
<https://github.com/iraf-community>, it's quite old C/Fortran based
project now maintained by Ole Streicher (maintainer of
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team)

Build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix build calceph python-astropy
python-astropy-iers-data python-astroscrappy python-ccdproc
python-cdflib python-comm python-crds python-dust-extinction
python-ephem python-ewah-bool-utils python-geopack python-jplephem
[email-masked] python-pyvo python-rad
python-roman-datamodels python-sep python-sgp4 python-specutils
python-stsci-image python-sunpy python-unyt python-viresclient python-yt

/gnu/store/lr7m7ka3i0317jg7m9ysn0g96k1yab9f-python-yt-4.3.1
/gnu/store/nw3ic2scsqp8060clzsxnf8xhchslpcl-python-viresclient-0.11.6
/gnu/store/ymbksv1p22rdn9fc1n7mwylpykmkdlg5-python-unyt-3.0.1
/gnu/store/n10j56jpgwcbqrvx7ii98y2pc536wy3f-python-sunpy-5.1.3
/gnu/store/jk3fphkvc4iahjsbc77mdxzdx79x9xa0-python-stsci-image-2.3.7
/gnu/store/myxavg0514pn9x0dz9bnpiyd6v00m9lg-python-specutils-1.15.0
/gnu/store/6v18fgiz99d5aj02q9z4y2smyxqja255-python-sgp4-2.23
/gnu/store/nw9n46c8x4iggz46sl2zwx4c8cvic5lg-python-sep-1.2.1
/gnu/store/z5l3g9d13g8x8dpsskgy3binhvicjfbi-python-roman-datamodels-0.20.0
/gnu/store/ck4m1qxc3nyhsim151i71afx0ay0zkfj-python-rad-0.20.0
/gnu/store/hbf6457zl31ararwhzlnvkv346f7r27k-python-pyvo-1.5.1
/gnu/store/qww87pdssi9b85kj6ma76f7pfrjbpmll-python-more-itertools-10.2.0
/gnu/store/4c71a65dv847gz1hngd2207alam1kl89-python-jplephem-2.22
/gnu/store/xw075kdkfgl1wf2gdyg65jafms7rpn3d-python-geopack-1.0.10
/gnu/store/nrpkwyxrak55glgqddpx5a5f62ddsyyw-python-ewah-bool-utils-1.2.0
/gnu/store/lryxxm8di55pzg92p5dlx97bw5slc099-python-ephem-4.1.5
/gnu/store/g2mdxjgrn2j1y0lqbifw5ybiq6bwpy0a-python-dust-extinction-1.4
/gnu/store/672rz2imm266pzyhhp9lkfxhs7f1v2lp-python-crds-11.17.22
/gnu/store/90y7ajcl05r6m4w2mhcfkrilzniqwvfc-python-comm-0.2.2
/gnu/store/vck9spqki4rv110v67j60jhqh655y1lr-python-cdflib-1.3.1
/gnu/store/8q4kickgib3cvsq7v8f806b16i4yj3ff-python-ccdproc-2.4.2
/gnu/store/5qlbc8i1yqj9jydmd5cfgkwfj5p9y2hc-python-astroscrappy-1.2.0
/gnu/store/snnhw89cd5x7xrg83x9vzzxx9771wss4-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.5.13.0.30.12
/gnu/store/k0v376wnz1l1f1kv4915bggavvywnlbj-python-astropy-6.1.0
/gnu/store/pdfc2v9bd4qlmzdm2d0bqrlbznfgxg8c-calceph-4.0.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Dependent build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent calceph python-astropy
python-astropy-iers-data python-astroscrappy python-ccdproc
python-cdflib python-comm python-crds python-dust-extinction
python-ephem python-ewah-bool-utils python-geopack python-jplephem
[email-masked] python-pyvo python-rad
python-roman-datamodels python-sep python-sgp4 python-specutils
python-stsci-image python-sunpy python-unyt python-viresclient python-yt

Building the following 15 packages would ensure 63 dependent packages
are rebuilt: [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked]

/gnu/store/sfmkwmpihpjv10gqrbbxqzqcsb6q9ncz-python-pyjanitor-0.27.0
/gnu/store/lr7m7ka3i0317jg7m9ysn0g96k1yab9f-python-yt-4.3.1
/gnu/store/vpf2grh18jq4n59z5xk91c680g3hjkg5-python-radiospectra-0.5.0
/gnu/store/8bdpnp17zibddbgsiwyh632h794g7jrq-python-jwst-1.14.0
/gnu/store/5yrrkl1lshnz9vdmnqmlb4kysl3m1b6m-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/l6g5fla44hhs2rdayj9pk9wzl4hdjn6k-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/84gmp7ykakd4zwah9bgm59smq5zwfpj2-python-astroplan-0.10
/gnu/store/5dk6m10zr628rlj3abw965an223gh5m9-python-ginga-5.0.1
/gnu/store/35m97lhq3v26fgy5kcsyrh91sfdbkq59-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/b4nmarr0zzac92f32dq9hk157iszl41r-ginga-qt5-5.0.1
/gnu/store/1ibrbzqh6nm0mlkr0aafm303q2f1qaa9-scamp-2.10.0
/gnu/store/nw3ic2scsqp8060clzsxnf8xhchslpcl-python-viresclient-0.11.6
/gnu/store/0rnjpghin70x95w5psgk3ikj8xqf0iic-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/3ycib8ybqxyq07p4f5mf5baa20fnqm1s-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.3
/gnu/store/mcl0lxi5w74b8m21iivrc8grwna1lyx4-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (26):
  gnu: python-sep: Refresh package style.
  gnu: python-ephem: Use pyproject-build-system.
  gnu: python-sgp4: Use pyproject-build-system.
  gnu: packages/astronomy: Minimize import from python build system.
  gnu: calceph: Update to 4.0.0.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.5.13.0.30.12.
  gnu: python-astropy: Update to 6.1.0.
  gnu: python-pyvo: Disable a failing test.
  gnu: python-astroscrappy: Update to 1.2.0.
  gnu: python-dust-extinction: Update to 1.4.
  gnu: python-ccdproc: Update to 2.4.2.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.3.1.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.22.
  gnu: python-jplephem: Update to 2.22.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.20.0
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.20.0.
  gnu: python-sunpy: Update to 5.1.3.
  gnu: python-stsci-image: Update to 2.3.7.
  gnu: python-specutils: Update to 1.15.0.
  gnu: python-unyt: Fix version detection.
  gnu: python-ewah-bool-utils: Update to 1.2.0.
  gnu: Add python-viresclient.
  gnu: Add python-geopack.
  gnu: Add python-comm.
  gnu: Add python-more-itertools-next.
  gnu: Add python-yt.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm          | 316 +++++++++++++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                |  26 +++
 gnu/packages/jupyter.scm            |  27 +++
 gnu/packages/python-compression.scm |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm     |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm         |  35 +++
 6 files changed, 303 insertions(+), 107 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7881d6085146fefda17ed9eefa133b5b5c97af87
-- 
2.41.0