Subject: [PATCH gnome-team 0/3] Fix the lightdm testsuite with an older dbus
From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:34:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Guix,

Lightdm has a custom test runner that runs its own dbus daemon.  Dbus 1.15.0
is unfortunately the latest version that can run the lightdm testsuite.  It
should not affect the behavior of the program, as this is just to launch a
dbus daemon to then run the tests.

We have 2 options: remove the tests until lightdm proposes a fix, or provide
an “older” dbus (it’s still newer than what’s on master). It seems that 1.15.2
fixes a CVE too, so maybe we don’t want to provide 1.15.0 actually.

I went with the latter option though because it preserves our test suite, and
I made it a hidden package to avoid exposing it too much.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (3):
  gnu: Add dbus-1.15.0.
  gnu: lightdm: Update style.
  gnu: lightdm: Run tests with dbus-1.15.0.

 gnu/packages/display-managers.scm | 65 ++++++++++++++++---------------
 gnu/packages/glib.scm             | 15 +++++++
 2 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

base-commit: a9951a74a591a9b22ee2d93d8efe0523c6c42c97
-- 
2.41.0