Subject: [PATCH 00/46] gnu: Astronomy 2024/02 updates.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:41:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

Happy to push for review updates for astro related packages.

This month includes 23 package updates, 19 modifications and improvements and
4 new packages.

Some highlights which worth to mention are:

- python-astropy is updated to v6.0.0. It is a major release including a lot
  of new features and bug fixes
  https://docs.astropy.org/en/v6.0.0/changelog.html. All packages depending on
  it were successfully rebuilt!

- python-ginga a toolkit for building viewers for astronomical and scientific
  images stored in python-numpy data arrays.

- Some long running tests were parallelized by using python-pytest-xdist, it
  helped to accelerate package build by 3-4x times.
  - python-photutils
  - python-poppy
  - python-regions
  - python-sunpy
  - python-spectral-cube
  - python-asdf
  - python-asdf-coordinates-schemas
  - python-asdf-astropy
  - python-roman-datamodels

- python-asdf default version is 3.0.1 and 2.15.0 is deprecated.

In the next update cycle I'll continue to improve test performance speed,
resolve some issues with package updates where migration to pyproject.toml
introduce problems with build extension while using pyproject-build-system

SAOImageDS9 is some widely used software in astro teams which I'd like to add
to Guix it's quite ancient project and build with C and Tcl which would
challenge packaging process.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/saods9

python-poliastro has reached the end of life and no more maintained, there is
a successor fork python-hapsira which will be introduced to Guix.
- https://github.com/poliastro/poliastro/issues/1640
- https://github.com/pleiszenburg/hapsira

Build all mentioned packages and make sure they are still build on x86_64-linux

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix build calceph giza indi libpasastro parfive phd2
python-aioftp python-aplpy python-asdf python-asdf-astropy python-astroml
python-astropy python-astropy-iers-data python-cdflib python-crds python-drizzle
python-extinction python-ginga python-h5netcdf python-jwst python-photutils
python-poliastro python-poppy python-pysynphot python-rad python-radiospectra
python-regions python-roman-datamodels python-skyfield python-spectral-cube
python-stcal python-stdatamodels python-sunpy python-sunpy-soar siril

/gnu/store/fjf3dqjhb4wmxd6r0q4gqkrnv684m3mj-siril-1.2.1
/gnu/store/x3axsdr4wkwd9xd3d5ig6a0qmn4kmwdw-python-sunpy-soar-1.10
/gnu/store/451nrm9cr5qkflqkbjl79awdrpjg32gp-python-sunpy-5.1.1
/gnu/store/lcd285wzapl235mc97dd7wcqgpr8i077-python-stdatamodels-1.9.1
/gnu/store/wgs6n69qm7a3gmvrhccdyx2xa2ffbnfr-python-stcal-1.6.0
/gnu/store/g78l9l1hf4dlzsblj016l8hwxp61j5rx-python-spectral-cube-0.6.5
/gnu/store/5mvp0vjl99j5hd99gg60szicsb9jz0vj-python-skyfield-1.48
/gnu/store/58djk7ran3g4g7dwi93mr2f14dv96gna-python-roman-datamodels-0.19.0
/gnu/store/2bwhbkyzmd3g9iiigms0wpyidjg4dgd2-python-regions-0.8
/gnu/store/16wmizjiq5yacxsywf3bbiahdapbxk8w-python-radiospectra-0.4.0
/gnu/store/f597a8109dp9000y39nv53am8hgw4kq5-python-rad-0.19.0
/gnu/store/mc003b6rb83gvp4492bvv6rsljjnikyc-python-pysynphot-2.0.0-0.54e9e2a
/gnu/store/5x6prm5lzddb8a2wchmqrpm5pdl545k2-python-poppy-1.1.1
/gnu/store/2cc4cms1cybfizg0dm3knbqhkp5dxwq2-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/z0arhnfayyanb5hxy1prhsb1hyyward9-python-photutils-1.10.0
/gnu/store/ijmii1ij00bnrxppsxfy7dxzzhk82mxv-python-jwst-1.13.4
/gnu/store/0vkkxadvinrydaszacl1mk6ijcnir7dk-python-h5netcdf-1.3.0
/gnu/store/c9qchf1mh2c4cp7rdmbbjr1vpx65wkca-python-ginga-4.1.1
/gnu/store/mlpkic2nvy5njds63xbl2ahglisiv0jl-python-extinction-0.4.6
/gnu/store/slkw9f8w0mybkj4jjpn4wsczjcvv7idq-python-drizzle-1.15.0
/gnu/store/67vzhl4sngcq7rly6p2mplsqv4p0bhcq-python-crds-11.17.16
/gnu/store/n04x5v7112iarrdwyqpajsqis83gs95y-python-cdflib-1.2.4
/gnu/store/nmw5142gz24j3rp0lczlcqnl1azp9r8f-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.2.19.0.28.47
/gnu/store/h3k6cpx71k2q1gcqj0m7rc6pj6gg1572-python-astropy-6.0.0
/gnu/store/qkl0y5k3n0yp8lbwbfdmihhn2y344qzq-python-astroml-1.0.2.post1
/gnu/store/nnnr86hkil3jg2ca9f8fw4mspsvpmyav-python-asdf-astropy-0.5.0
/gnu/store/a1ka2lmvvkis4mydx2346hjgys4p50s6-python-asdf-3.0.1
/gnu/store/k1fy3gbd5076f85g953a0cs1pmxgz19h-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/80wdj6fw99zh0kb7qxlnynbnrxxlh2q0-python-aioftp-0.22.3
/gnu/store/mixk4wy9dns65kfnyjfng9p7667fqy6h-phd2-2.6.13
/gnu/store/8mnrbspahjn5z11s41m31yxp1xp5f1j3-parfive-2.0.2
/gnu/store/g1vkwl86rlk36kkghs9vgjygcxbjhz67-libpasastro-1.4.2
/gnu/store/dc1xmgimzikl4xkll367hq1s8anp595n-indi-2.0.6
/gnu/store/kpzh5rfjqa83blnhdsqvw0adv51rn4cg-giza-1.4.1
/gnu/store/ikrhxfq4vg7yv2bhqk3vslrvbqlfr13w-calceph-3.5.5
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Building the following 10 packages would ensure 59 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked]

/gnu/store/16wmizjiq5yacxsywf3bbiahdapbxk8w-python-radiospectra-0.4.0
/gnu/store/ijmii1ij00bnrxppsxfy7dxzzhk82mxv-python-jwst-1.13.4
/gnu/store/k1fy3gbd5076f85g953a0cs1pmxgz19h-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/2cc4cms1cybfizg0dm3knbqhkp5dxwq2-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/sw5fwas30fxjmxwbivaq6dkcc8hzignl-ginga-qt5-4.1.1
/gnu/store/c9qchf1mh2c4cp7rdmbbjr1vpx65wkca-python-ginga-4.1.1
/gnu/store/h86xm94x99yynmmffrf1h0kv8gqv15kz-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/71rnx30l7vpdn4vjmwydl3xgzn7sbdgi-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/pii8sjxd5p8a2dscs3g5gdacjipra1jj-python-pymc-5.10.3
/gnu/store/6b0c2ji2hs8c28wh8lcigsysvcncs9p3-splash-3.10.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (46):
  gnu: calceph: Update to 3.5.5.
  gnu: giza: Update to 1.4.1.
  gnu: indi-2.0: Update to 2.0.6.
  gnu: phd2: Update to 2.6.13.
  gnu: parfive: Update to 2.0.2.
  gnu: parfive: Simplify package.
  gnu: siril: Update to 1.2.1.
  gnu: python-aioftp: Update to 0.22.3.
  gnu: Add python-astropy-iers-data.
  gnu: python-astropy: Update to 6.0.0.
  gnu: python-astropy: Improve packages style.
  gnu: python-asdf-2.15: Deprecate package.
  gnu: python-asdf-fits-schemas: Update to 0.0.1-1.d1b5e7a.
  gnu: python-asdf-time-schemas: Update to 0.0.1-3.a306206.
  gnu: python-asdf-transform-schemas: Update to 0.4.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-wcs-schemas: Update to 0.3.0.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.16.
  gnu: python-h5netcdf: Update to 1.3.0.
  gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.13.4.
  gnu: python-pysynphot: Update to 2.0.0-0.54e9e2a.
  gnu: python-pysynphot: Improve package style.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.19.0.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.19.0.
  gnu: python-rad: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-skyfield: Update to 1.48.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 1.9.1.
  gnu: libpasastro: Remove system constrains.
  gnu: python-aplpy: Disable tests.
  gnu: python-asdf: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-asdf-coordinates-schemas: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-photutils: Speed up tests
  gnu: python-poppy: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-regions: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-spectral-cube: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-sunpy: Speed up tests and relax requirements.
  gnu: python-astroml: Ignore some failing tests.
  gnu: python-poliastro: Relax requirements.
  gnu: Add python-extinction.
  gnu: Add python-sunpy-soar.
  gnu: Add python-radiospectra.
  gnu: Add python-ginga.
  gnu: python-drizzle: Update to 1.15.0.
  gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.6.0.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.2.4.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm  | 609 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/maths.scm      |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm |  35 +--
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm |   4 +-
 4 files changed, 463 insertions(+), 189 deletions(-)

base-commit: e3c612a7de679c96b9eafdb0da500dcc18d9a101
-- 
2.41.0