Subject: Re: bug#6800: 23.1; EOT / ^D inserted into comint input string
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], David Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:36:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When an input longer than 255 characters is typed into comint (or
>> shell) an EOT character (ascii 4, ^D) is inserted into the string.
>> This can cause an error depending how the sub process handles these
>> extra characters.  For example, GHC doesn't like it when an EOT
>> appears inside of a string:
>
> I believe this bug is fixed on the Emacs trunk (to become Emacs-24), but
> the fix may introduce other problems.  Apparently nobody knows how to
> fix it right and there is about as much as no documentation at all on
> this part of the behavior of ttys.

IIRC this code is no longer in Emacs. I'll close this bug.

-- 
Alan Third