Subject: emacs-org-journal fails to build.
From: Apoorv <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:56:58 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The `emacs` package `emacs-org-journal` fails to build, here are the logs,

phase `patch-usr-bin-file' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-source-shebangs'
phase `patch-source-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs'
phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `check'
Running 10 tests (2023-10-07 09:23:00+0000, selector ‘t’)
   passed   1/10  org-journal-calendar-date-from-file-test (0.000895 sec)
Test org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-journal-test backtrace:
  signal(error ("Calling ‘org-fold-core-region’ with missing SPEC"))
  error("Calling `org-fold-core-region' with missing SPEC")
  org-fold-region(35 41 t drawer)
  org-insert-property-drawer()
  org-get-property-block(1 force)
  org-entry-put(nil "CREATED" "20190101")
  org-set-property("CREATED" "20190101")
  (progn (insert "* Wednesday, 01/01/19\n") (org-set-property "CREATED
  (unwind-protect (progn (insert "* Wednesday, 01/01/19\n") (org-set-p
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  (let ((buffer "20181231") (org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-journa
  (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-test "-link")) (comm
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-tes
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-jo
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-L" "." "-l" "tests/org-journal-test" "-f" "ert-run
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-journal-test condition:
    (error "Calling ‘org-fold-core-region’ with missing SPEC")
   FAILED   2/10  org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-journal-test (0.308561
sec) at tests/org-journal-test.el:195
Test org-journal-carryover-items-test backtrace:
  signal(error ("Calling ‘org-fold-core-region’ with missing SPEC"))
  error("Calling `org-fold-core-region' with missing SPEC")
  org-fold-region(33 39 t drawer)
  org-insert-property-drawer()
  org-get-property-block(1 force)
  org-entry-put(nil "CREATED" "20190101")
  org-set-property("CREATED" "20190101")
  (progn (insert "* Tuesday, 01/01/19\n") (org-set-property "CREATED"
  (unwind-protect (progn (insert "* Tuesday, 01/01/19\n") (org-set-pro
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  (let ((org-journal-file-type 'weekly) (system-time-locale "C") (buff
  (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-test "-link")) (comm
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-tes
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name org-journal-carryover-items-test :doc
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-L" "." "-l" "tests/org-journal-test" "-f" "ert-run
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test org-journal-carryover-items-test condition:
    (error "Calling ‘org-fold-core-region’ with missing SPEC")
   FAILED   3/10  org-journal-carryover-items-test (0.000440 sec) at
tests/org-journal-test.el:120
   passed   4/10  org-journal-carryover-keep-parents-test (0.016711 sec)
   passed   5/10  org-journal-convert-time-to-file-type-time-test (0.000369
sec)
   passed   6/10  org-journal-insert-header-test (0.006781 sec)
   passed   7/10  org-journal-scheduled-carryover-daily-test (0.012195 sec)
   passed   8/10  org-journal-scheduled-carryover-yearly-test (0.015233 sec)
Test org-journal-scheduled-weekly-test backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (buffer-substring-no-propert
  ert-fail(((should (equal (buffer-substring-no-properties (point-min)
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-104 (apply fn-102 args-103)) (setq f
  (let (form-description-106) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-104 (app
  (let ((value-104 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-105)) (let (form-descr
  (let* ((fn-102 #'equal) (args-103 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
  (let* ((scheduled-entry-date (calendar-current-date day-offset)) (sc
  (let ((org-journal-file-type 'weekly) (org-journal-start-on-weekday
  (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-test "-link")) (comm
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((org-journal-dir (concat org-journal-dir-tes
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name org-journal-scheduled-weekly-test :do
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-L" "." "-l" "tests/org-journal-test" "-f" "ert-run
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test org-journal-scheduled-weekly-test condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (equal
    (buffer-substring-no-properties ... ...)
    (with-temp-buffer ... ...)))
      :form
      (equal "* Test header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231008\n:END:\n*
Test header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231009\n:END:\n** TODO Task
1\n<2023-10-09 Mon 00:00>\n** TODO Task 2\n<2023-10-09 Mon 00:00>" "* Test
header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231008\n:END:\n* Test
header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231009\n:END:\n** TODO Task
1\n2023-10-09 Mon 00:00\n** TODO Task 2\n2023-10-09 Mon 00:00")
      :value nil :explanation
      (arrays-of-different-length 181 177 "* Test
header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231008\n:END:\n* Test
header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:  20231009\n:END:\n** TODO Task
1\n<2023-10-09 Mon 00:00>\n** TODO Task
2\n<2023-10-09 Mon 00:00>" "* Test header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:
 20231008\n:END:\n* Test header\n:PROPERTIES:\n:CREATED:
 20231009\n:END:\n** TODO Task 1\n2023-10-09 Mon 00:00\n** TODO Task
2\n2023-10-09 Mon 00:00" first-mismatch-at 121)))
   FAILED   9/10  org-journal-scheduled-weekly-test (0.009549 sec) at
tests/org-journal-test.el:319
   passed  10/10  org-journal-search-build-file-list-test (0.045957 sec)

Ran 10 tests, 7 results as expected, 3 unexpected (2023-10-07
09:23:00+0000, 0.638702 sec)

3 unexpected results:
   FAILED  org-journal-carryover-delete-empty-journal-test
   FAILED  org-journal-carryover-items-test
   FAILED  org-journal-scheduled-weekly-test

error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "emacs" arguments: ("-Q" "--batch" "-L"
"." "-l" "tests/org-journal-test" "-f" "ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit")
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 0.9 seconds
command "emacs" "-Q" "--batch" "-L" "." "-l" "tests/org-journal-test" "-f"
"ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit" failed with status 1
builder for
`/gnu/store/pvsx17m7n83iwfb7fm5m3rm4vnkvaz3d-emacs-org-journal-2.2.0.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of
/gnu/store/pvsx17m7n83iwfb7fm5m3rm4vnkvaz3d-emacs-org-journal-2.2.0.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/pv/sx17m7n83iwfb7fm5m3rm4vnkvaz3d-emacs-org-journal-2.2.0.drv.gz'.
applying 2 grafts for guix-1.4.0-13.e863274 ...
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/rmf5p50hyl92payx2vxc43vsp6wf39lx-profile.drv': 1 dependencies
couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/ci16lk4fgw9yqn49sm5pczk3g7wcr6ac-home.drv': 1 dependencies
couldn't be built
guix home: error: build of
`/gnu/store/ci16lk4fgw9yqn49sm5pczk3g7wcr6ac-home.drv' failed