Subject: [PATCH] gnu: image: Build partitions with only necessary inputs.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 13:53:20 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* gnu/system/image.scm (system-disk-image)[partition-image]: Adjust the
inputs used by the image-builder to only use the packages necessary to
build that partition.
---
 gnu/system/image.scm | 9 ++++++++-
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/system/image.scm b/gnu/system/image.scm
index 958ba5cbb2..81346495c2 100644
--- a/gnu/system/image.scm
+++ b/gnu/system/image.scm
@@ -418,7 +418,14 @@ (define* (system-disk-image image
               (with-imported-modules*
                (let ((initializer (or #$(partition-initializer partition)
                                       initialize-root-partition))
-                     (inputs '#+(list e2fsprogs fakeroot dosfstools mtools))
+                     (inputs '#+(cond
+                                  ((string-prefix? "ext" type)
+                                   (list e2fsprogs fakeroot))
+                                  ((or (string=? type "vfat")
+                                       (string-prefix? "fat" type))
+                                   (list dosfstools fakeroot mtools))
+                                  (else
+                                    '())))
                      (image-root "tmp-root"))
                  (sql-schema #$schema)

base-commit: b188c41d930dbe8142c1f377d3c8f2580ff1277c
prerequisite-patch-id: 2ed36a7d0b049eb3bad8e16c2c167735bc8fbee1
prerequisite-patch-id: 68db7897e7d9cdcb940175892e8f5b0637a27cb1
prerequisite-patch-id: 830b043d4bee7ea66530e11972e65ad390b89ece
prerequisite-patch-id: 55858a370c68c4b64ccadd34a3e03e22bfb3cc7d
prerequisite-patch-id: bc9f36d509bee03fcbc238acb6ba722c32e5f7aa
prerequisite-patch-id: b8b557edd1da6a6347928d5b6fe9728f71e69d58
-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted