Subject: Re: bug#63633: Emacs becomes unresponsive when trying to ssh into localhost (MacOS)
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Arteen Abrishami <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 09:42:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Arteen Abrishami <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks. This works.

Thanks for the confirmation. Closing the bug.

> As an aside, I am finding that within the ssh session, inside eshell,
> if I update directory contents (via “rm” for example), it takes about
> 10 seconds for “ls” to recognize the fact that the file has been
> removed, and for the first few “ls” after removal it will note that
> the file is still there.
>
> Would this be a separate issue?

I cannot reproduce it here. Please check, which "rm" command you use,
you'll see it in the *eshell* buffer:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
~ $ which rm
eshell/rm is a byte-compiled Lisp function in ‘em-unix.el’.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

If it is the same for you, please write a new bug report. Append the
contents of your *eshell* buffer in order to see the commands, and in
order to reproduce it locally.

Best regards, Michael.