Subject: Re: bug#62775: 29.0.60; C-M-i or ispell-complete-word experiences "lookup-words error"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 18:45:39 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 15:31:35 GMT
> From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > I've now added the fact that a word-list file is necessary for
> > ispell-complete-word to work to the command's doc string.  I don't
> > think we should or can do anything else about it.
> 
> From a user's perspective ispell-word and ispell-complete-word feel as
> though they are facets of the one thing.  Ideally, if one aspect of
> ispell works the rest should.

Well, "should" is the wrong expectation for a feature that depends on
additional data files, especially since modern Posix installations
decided to remove that file (it used to be available on all the
systems when ispell.el was written).  The fact that this feature
depends on additional file is now mentioned in the doc string.

So I think we have done everything we can about this issue, and I'm
therefore closing this bug.