Subject: Re: bug#62233: Using Emacs Lisp
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Goh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:17:56 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrew Goh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi FSF,
>
> I was wondering if the FSF can turn Emacs Lisp into a tool that is as
> easy to use as two of these mainstream Lisp environments - Allegro
> Common Lisp and LispWorks.  And to do away with difficult to remember
> commands such as C-x C-m for example, if there is such a thing.
>
> Otherwise, its a free and useful tool for learning Lisp and using it
> for AI.
>
> That's all I have to say.

Thanks for your feedback.  We are continuously working on making Emacs
Lisp easier to use.  I don't think we can simplify commands much though,
but we trying when we can.  Emacs is an old piece of software, which
means that some of the conventions we follow may seem outdated.
However, many users use and depend on them, and it wouldn't be fair to
them to just throw out all those conventions out in one go.  We
therefore improve them incrementally, and sometimes it's slow going.

I don't see anything actionable here, so I'm closing the bug report.