Subject: Re: bug#60191: [PATCH] Fix `rcirc-buffer-process' not working on channel buffers
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Thuna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 19:09:52 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thuna <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I do not understand what you mean by "not working" here, the code
>>> appears to do the same thing pre- and post-patch, in the process and the
>>> channel buffers.
>>
>> The problem is that when `rcirc-buffer-process' is explicitly called
>> with a channel buffer it returns nil, as the local variable
>> `rcirc-process' is set only in server buffers and the function checks
>> the server buffer only if the BUFFER argument is nil.
>>
>> This leads to a situation where `(rcirc-buffer-process)' and
>> `(rcirc-buffer-process (current-buffer))' do not behave in the same way
>> when called from channel buffers.
>
> OK, I get what you mean and the patch should be applied.  But IIUC you
> haven't signed the FSF CA, right?  If that is so, I am afraid I am not
> allowed to apply /your/ change myself...

The copyright assignment is now done, so I went ahead and installed this
patch as commit fb90e21af1b.  I'm therefore closing this bug report.