Subject: Re: bug#59780: [version 1.4.0rc1] reconfigure fails
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 15:53:06 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> writes:
>> pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) 写道：
>>> Having installed the 1.4.0rc1 installer image: After guix pull, it
>>> failed to reconfigure, because master is an unrelated commit.
>>
>> Hah.  This should indeed be mentioned in calls for -RC testing, but
>> probably doesn't deserve a bug report, since there's no bug. WDYT?
>
> Huh I don’t understand. :)  Had this been the 1.4.0 release, reconfigure
> would be impossible, unless --allow-downgrades.

Right.  This is fixed by commit
7fde16671523f3fc3bda0c07a47a1fa33f8675b1, which merges ‘version-1.4.0’
into ‘master’.

This is something we’ll have to do after the actual release too.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ludo’.