Subject: Re: bug#5817: "false" core util
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: phoenix <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:23:58 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bob Proulx wrote:
> phoenix wrote:
> > I've found a serious error in the program "false": If I pipe some
> > text to it (e.g. echo "i lost the game" | false), it does not fail
> > but rather returns a success. Any suggestions?
> ...
> In order to get the coreutils version you would need to specify a path
> to it.  But the shell should still detect this error.

Since it has been two weeks and we haven't heard any replies I am
going to assume that the information supplied solved your problem and
that this bug can be closed.  If you have additional information
please feel free to add it to the bug report.

Thanks,
Bob