Subject: guix system reports an error when uuid is used in menu-entry
From: tiantian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:08:21 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I want to add an menu-entry in bootloader-configuration. I use uuid to 
specify the partition in device field of menu-entry , because my 
partition has no label. But when I use 'guix system reconfigure', guix 
system reports an error: "guix system: error: #<<uuid> type: dce bv: 
#vu8(109 91 19 212 96 146 70 208 139 228 7 61 192 116 19 204)>: invalid 
G-expression input"

After asking friends in #guixcn, I still can't get more error messages. 
It's the only error message. I can't find its reason.

To find the problem, I also simplified my configuration file and tried 
to use ‘git bisect’ to find it, but I failed. I couldn't find a good 
commit. I rolled back to c1719a0 commit in git repository, but I still 
got the error message after building and using './pre-inst-env guix 
system build ./config-test.scm'. I had to give up solving it and just 
send an email to report the bug.

My English is poor. I use translation software. If the grammar is wrong, 
please forgive me.