Subject: Re: bug#57246: biblatex don't recognize video type entry
From: Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
To: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, Cletip Cletip <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2025 23:48:32 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Aug 18 2022, Roland Winkler wrote:
> As biblatex evolves, the default value of bibtex-biblatex-entry-alist
> requires minor updates with each release of emacs.  If a user has customized
> this variable to modify or add just one cell of this alist. this stores
> the entire value of this variable in her emacs init file.  Then she
> misses the updates that appear in new releases of emacs.
>
> That's why I suggested that the customize machinery should allow users
> to modify or add individiual cells of an alist without storing the
> entire alist in the user's init file.

I added new variables bibtex-BibTeX-aux-entry-alist
bibtex-biblatex-aux-entry-alist that should facilitate this process.
Also, these variables now accept aliases.

commit b26418694e8

Closing.