Subject: Re: bug#55763: [PATCH] Upgrade nyacc to 1.07.0
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 18:22:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> For my work in making PAM configurable in Guile, I rely on the foreign
> function interface (FFI). The automatic generation of that interface
> requires the compile-ffi script in nyacc. Unfortunately, the highest
> version we ship suffers from a bug that prevents the script from
> running on the pam_client.h header in linux-pam.  This patch upgrades
> nyacc to the version Matt Wette released after committing the fix.
>
> The changes are further documented in the commit message.
>
> I am new to Guix and already use the new version of linux-pam locally
> (via Guix System) but I was unable to test the patch according to the
> requirements and recommendations listed for this submission. [1]
>
> This email was sent to -devel in lieu of -mentors, which does not
> exist. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

The patch is perfect; I only adjusted the commit log so that it follows
the ChangeLog convention, as Josselin pointed out:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

I also check that dependents, as reported by ‘guix refresh -l nyacc’,
all build fine with the new version.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: guix-mentors now exists!