Subject: Re: bug#5434: 23.1; Emacsclient fails with Rejected Authentication Over SSH
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: "Joel J. Adamson" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:49:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Joel J. Adamson skrev 2010-01-26 16.52:
>>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Djärv<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>      >  Anyway, one source for this problem is that the shell that runs
>      >  emacs -daemon has set XAUTHORITY in the environment to point to
>      >  some other file.  That environment variable isn't set when you ssh
>      >  in, so xauth writes to ~/.Xauthority
>
> I'm running GNOME on Fedora 12, so
> XAUTHORITY=/var/run/gdm/auth-for-joel...
>
> This seems to be GDM-related.  I will try to figure out how to configure
> GDM for this.
>
> When I ssh in 'echo $XAUTHORITY' returns empty (i.e. if I'm not sitting
> at the desk with my main workstation I can't find XAUTHORITY).  If I can
> run the commands you suggested, it works.
>

Good, we can close this.

	Jan D.

PS. Don't remove ddebugs.gnu.org from To or CC.
DS.