Subject: Re: bug#52093: Incorrect argument handling in "guix shell"
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:28:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Konrad,

Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The following session illustrates that the -D option to "guix shell" is
> erroneously applied to *two* package arguments rather than just one if
> the first package argument takes the form of a file.
>
> The file "empty-package.scm" is attached, it defines an empty package
> with no inputs. The environment defined by the command below should thus
> contain only "hello" and "bash", plus the run-time dependencies of
> "bash". Instead, it contains the build dependencies of "hello".
>
> $ guix shell --container -D -f empty-package.scm hello

Oops, fixed in 71977101218d1fd5d7f5016cbbcb8710be057d49.

Thanks!

Ludo’.