Subject: Re: bug#49921: go-1.16 build failing on aarch64: "fatal error: runtime.newosproc"
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 14:29:51 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 10:04:19PM -0700, Sarah Morgensen wrote:
> I just noticed go-1.16 is failing on aarch64 [0]. I am not having any
> success tracking down the cause. It looks like the error is the same as
> was happening for go-1.14 circa 11 Mar [1], which was fixed by 9 Apr
> [2], but I cannot tell what resolved the issue. I've attached the
> relevant part of the build log; the full log is available at [0].

I was able to build Go 1.16 on aarch64-linux, by building this
derivation "by hand" on the Berlin server. It was offloaded to real
aarch64 hardware.

/gnu/store/jgbp8bpi86is2y620wqais904lvjmvj8-go-1.16.11.drv
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1952349/details

If I understand correctly, we have totally disabled the aarch64 emulated
builds. They were problematic and I think that we should not re-enable
them. So, I'm closing this bug. Please let us know if you think it
should be re-opened.