Subject: Re: bug#49006: MELPA importer uses the wrong source when called from CLI
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 23:21:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When the (guix import elpa) module has been compiled, the generated
> package definition uses ‘url-fetch’ to fetch the source.

[...]

> However, if the (guix import elpa) module hasn’t been compiled, say I
> just add a dummy comment to it, then the generated package definition
> uses ‘git-fetch’ instead of ‘url-fetch’.  Notice the messages emitted by
> Guile.

This is a miscompilation error that
d21353adea700b7f008d7a9f047d9f8b9c422cfb works around, presumably the
same as <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48368>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.