Subject: Re: [bug#47495] [PATCH] gnu: vsftpd: Use CentOS version and patches.
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: david larsson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 21:41:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

David,

> +      (native-inputs `(("openssl" ,openssl)

Not sure how I missed this -- actually I do, considering the three 
empty champagne bottles now adorning our wall -- but the first 
three should be regular inputs, not native, as they are legitimate 
references of the resulting package ($ guix gc --references).

Native inputs run only during the build.  The distinction matters 
during cross-compilation, when the build-time native-inputs may be 
a different (say, x86_64) architecture from the output package and 
its inputs (both identical: say, aarch64).

> It looks great! Especially nice to see that you separated the 
> patch
> and unpack phases - it looks much better now.

Thank you :-)  Pushed as 634d9845a6b4e362f32ba369ae42851719455ba3.

Kind regards,

T G-R