Subject: Re: bug#47440: 27.1; Quit/C-g does not interrupt Emacs promptly.
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: 伊藤洋介 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 16:05:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Maybe the word "freeze" was inappropriate.
> What I wanted to convey is as follows.
> I did "I-search" (C-s) then "proof-assert-next-command-interactive" (C-c
> C-n),
> but the proof process got stuck.
> Here, "got stuck" means that Emacs did not go out of the proof process for
> several minutes.
> During that situation, I could move the cursor but I could not interrupt
> the proof process by Quit/C-g or tool-bar interrupt.

I misunderstood what was going on, indeed (the C-g was presumably
processed right away as it should and the backtrace you get later is
unrelated to the C-g).  So I think there's no sign of a bug in Emacs
itself here.  Actually the backtrace you sent already made it clear
since it said "Emacs not compiled with dbus support".
I was not paying much attention, it seems, sorry.

> I apologize if my explanation is confusing, since I am not so fluent in
> English.

Your explanation was fine.  The confusion was all mine ;-)

        Stefan