Subject: Re: bug#47129: [PATCH] Fix reference to diff-font-lock-syntax in diff-mode documentation
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 08:04:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 02:32:44 +0100
> From:  Daniel Martín via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Here's a small patch that fixes an incomplete variable reference in the
> Diff Mode manual.

Thanks, installed on the release branch.

Please in the future include in the log message the reference to the
file and the node in the manual, and also mention the bug number (when
known).  Here's how I amended the log message in this case:

    Fix reference to 'diff-font-lock-syntax' in diff-mode documentation

    * doc/emacs/files.texi (Diff Mode): Add the omitted name of the
    variable.  (Bug#47129)

See CONTRIBUTE for how we prefer formatting the commit log messages.