Subject: gnutls 3.6.12 can consistently fail to build
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 12:44:36 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

While attempting to run...

guix pull --cores=1 --max-jobs=1 --no-substitutes

...after installing Guix System in an x86_64 VM using...

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-system-install-1.2.0.x86_64-linux.iso.xz

...I was unable to build gnutls 3.6.12.  This prevented me from running
"guix pull" without using substitutes.  Substitutes are available for
this derivation, so it seems that a build succeeded at some point on the
build farm.  However, in my VM, I tried 71 times to build the
problematic gnutls derivation repeatedly, and it failed every time.

Every time, the error was: "You need openssl to run this test"

It was mentioned in the IRC chat that this is a known issue, but I could
not find a bug report about it:

http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-12-29.log#090745

"<efraim> [email-masked] is known to fail, something about missing the
time window when it will build and pass the tests"

-- 
Chris