Subject: Re: bug#44563: Update python-ipykernel to 5.3.4
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Christie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 11:00:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Christie <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was trying to set up Jupyter notebook with guix-jupyter, but ran
> into an issue with receiving rendered images (e.g. from matplotlib),
> which crashes the ipykernel. I hope an update of python-ipykernel to
> upstream stable may fix this? If this is the case, it would likely be
> due to incompatibilities with newer python versions.
> Note that this issue only occurs when running through guix-jupyter, so it may not be the source of that issue.
>
> Apologies for not creating a patch -- I am new to Guix and do not have a development tree set up.

Closing this, as our python-ipykernel has since been updated since.
Please do report any problem you still encounter, if any.

Thank you!

Maxim