Subject: Re: bug#43143: Building iwd on armhf triggers kernel panic
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:26:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

[...]

> Using a more recent version of [email-masked], it failed to
> build on both the veyron-speedy (rk3288) and the novena (imx6). It
> doesn't necessarily *always* trigger a kernel panic; I haven't
> identified which conditions trigger the kernel panic, but so far I've
> only seen them on the veyron-speedy. I haven't seen it successfully
> build with any recent linux-libre-arm-generic kernel, though recent
> [email-masked] and @5.8 worked.
>
> So it seems something in iwd needs specific kernel features in order to
> build at all...
>
> Not sure when I'll get a chance to debug further, but figured I'd update
> about what I've tried so far.

Bordeaux managed to build it, according to 'guix weather
--system=armhf-linux iwd', hence I'm closing this old forgotten issue.
Please reopen if you still experience it on a standard Guix System
kernel.

Thanks,

Maxim