Subject: Docker package retains Go references (was Re: Guix closure size of a system?)
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 13:27:40 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The Docker package should not refer to the Go compiler after it is
built:

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 12:22:28PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 05:58:54PM +0200, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> > I haven't looked at the details, but
> > 
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > > guix size docker
> > store item                                                       total    self
> > /gnu/store/w8gjhcw6a16rk1dvxa97bz2znal5fihm-go-1.13.9              639.1   350.7  28.2%
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> > 
> > Then
> > 
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > > grep w8gjhcw6a16rk1dvxa97bz2znal5fihm dockerd
> > Binary file dockerd matches
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> I don't think that package is using the go-build-system, so that is
> probably the reason for the bogus reference.