Subject: Re: bug#40597: [PATCH] doc: Mention update-guix-package in guix-binary tarball, rebuild instructions.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:19:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Vincent and Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>>>>From dd961656d9bd98d11ba5e38be89cd1952fefc263 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:25:57 +0200
>> Subject: [PATCH] doc: Mention update-guix-package in guix-binary tarball
>>  rebuild instructions.
>>
>> * doc/guix.texi (Binary Installation): Mention 'make update-guix-package'.
>
> I agree this needs to be documented, but I don’t think this is the right
> place: “Binary Installation” is for users who want to install.  Instead,
> we should document it in a section explicitly targeting Guix developers,
> maybe under “Contributing”?

A "Updating the Guix Package" subsection has since been added to the
Contributing section, which I believe covers this.

Thank you,

Closing.

Maxim