Subject: [PATCH] doc: Update instructions to bootstrap the trust chain.
From: Jacob First <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 08:21:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* doc/contributing.texi (Building from Git): Clarify that multiple committers'
keys may now be used to sign changes to git-authenticate.scm. For context see
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-03/msg00433.html>.
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 10 ++++++++--
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 31b875f817..ed6c952ba0 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -64,8 +64,14 @@ gpg:                using RSA key 3CE464558A84FDC69DB40CFB090B11993D9AEBB5
 
 @noindent
 ... meaning that changes to this file are all signed with key
-@code{3CE464558A84FDC69DB40CFB090B11993D9AEBB5} (you may need to fetch
-this key from a key server, if you have not done it yet).
+@code{3CE464558A84FDC69DB40CFB090B11993D9AEBB5}. You may see other keys as well,
+as other contributors and/or maintainers may also commit to this
+file@footnote{For context about this change, see
+@url{https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-03/msg00433.html,
+this explanation} on the guix-devel mailing list.}. If you are missing any keys,
+fetch them from the respective committers'
+@url{https://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=guix, Savannah
+profiles} and re-run the verification.
 
 From there on, you can authenticate all the commits included in your
 checkout by running:
-- 
2.26.0