Subject: emacs-darkroom: buggy display behavior and errors
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 09:10:06 -0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, with emacs-26.2, emacs-darkroom, in darkroom-tentative-mode,
often gives buggy display behavior and errors, though in sporadic
fashion that is difficult to reproduce mechanically. With frequent use,
the three following problems are often noticed:

1) Sometime I get an "outside of point" error, which prevents me from
disabling darkroom-tentative-mode or using other keyboard meta
commmands. I can escape by using the gtk menu.

2) Sometimes when I disable darkroom-tentative-mode, the text shrinks
very small to fit into the size of the window it happens to be in.

3) Sometimes enabling darkroom-tentative-mode centers the text but does
not resize it, or resizes it but does not center it.

I believe this behavior might be somehow related to the use of non-
standard monospace fonts or font sizes in custom emacs options.

-- 
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager
Alaska Satellite Internet
PO Box 70, Ester, AK 99725
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
907.451.0088
1.888.396.5623
www.alaskasatelliteinternet.com