Subject: Re: bug#38718: Emacs `compile' command does not handle remote (over TRAMP) file name correctly
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 11:54:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Duncan,

> I can confirm that the patch of Emacs 27.0.50 for bug#38648 applied to
> Emacs 26.2
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/patch/lisp/progmodes/compile.el?id=0a10795d0bf4fe21997f907b7d6b1fe13517912b>
>
> works.
>
> This is macOS Catalina (10.15.2). Emacs 26.2 is the version currently
> installed on my Macbook by brew/cask.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

> I rebuilt from patched version of the sources at emacsformacosx.com,
> which I believe reproduces the Emacs version used by and installed by
> brew. I hadn't done that before, and leave some notes here on what I
> did. May not be the best way, but it did work for me.

I still don't know where to put your notes for the public. Since we have
it here in debbugs, people with a similar problem will find your notes,
and could apply. Hopefully.

Or at least we could point them to your message.

There's nothing else we can do, so I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.