Subject: can't build mate-applets-1.22.0 after merging the core-updates branch
From: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:21:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,
After running "pull" and then "system reconfigure" guix fails to build
mate-applets-1.22.0. The error message is:

| 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/rz99may55z0wfwsnk4py64kfxq1ylbv0-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv'
failed with exit code 1 build
of /gnu/store/rz99may55z0wfwsnk4py64kfxq1ylbv0-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv
failed View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/rz/99may55z0wfwsnk4py64kfxq1ylbv0-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/in4ygkzrqiciq1wpvwbl7j7jh44x3g7y-mate-1.22.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built guix system: error: build of
`/gnu/store/in4ygkzrqiciq1wpvwbl7j7jh44x3g7y-mate-1.22.0.drv' failed

And the fragment of the log, where it fails:

[...]
  GEN    mn/
  GEN    am/
  GEN    ml/
  GEN    kk/
  GEN    ru/
  GEN    fi/
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
  line 3: 15050 Segmentation fault      itstool -m "${mo}"
  ${d}/C/index.docbook ${d}/C/legal.xml make[3]: *** [Makefile:620:
  ru/ru.stamp] Error 139 make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  make[3]: Leaving directory
  '/tmp/guix-build-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv-0/mate-applets-1.22.0/mateweather/docs'
  make[2]: *** [Makefile:716: all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving
  directory
  '/tmp/guix-build-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv-0/mate-applets-1.22.0/mateweather'
  make[1]: *** [Makefile:554: all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving
  directory
  '/tmp/guix-build-mate-applets-1.22.0.drv-0/mate-applets-1.22.0' make:
  *** [Makefile:486: all] Error 2 command "make" "-j" "2"
  "gtk_update_icon_cache=true" failed with status 2

This time it doesn't seem to be caused by my underpowered laptop,
because I haven't encountered any freeze and the package doesn't seem
to be anything serious.

Jan Wielkiewicz