Subject: Re: [bug#36087] [PATCH 0/9] Add further Aspell dictionaries.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Jens Mølgaard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 17:11:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Jens Mølgaard <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have added some additional Aspell dictionaries. I wasn't sure whether
> to separated them out or not, as they're not quite stand-alone packages,
> so I'll send them as a patch series - squish them together in one commit
> if that makes more sense.

I’ve applied them all and adjusted the commit log to follow our
conventions.  Thanks!

There’s a minor issue: the URL computed for the pt-pt dictionary is
incorrect, because the URL should read “pt_PT” and not “pt-pt”.  It
turns out that the tarball was found on the tarballs.nixos.org
content-addressed mirror, so it builds flawlessly.  However, it’d be
nice to adjust ‘aspell-dictionary’ so that it can compute the right
upstream URL for edge cases like this one.

Would you like to give it a try?

> In case I or someone else wants to add them in the future, some older
> dictionaries such as Icelandic and Norwegian Bokmål contain non-utf8
> filenames and will fail to build. Ludovic suggested adding glibc-locales
> as input and a pre-unpack phase to do (setlocale LC_ALL
> "en_US.iso88591").

Future work!  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.