Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Improve the upower-service style.
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:28:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

These patches update the style of the upower-service. Improving and
documenting the <upower-configuration> record, and deprecating the
upower-service procedure.

Directly using record types as default values for service types, along
with default values for the fields in the record type is generally more
flexible and configurable than using procedures for service
configuration. It means that the configuration for the service can be
changed programatically by generating new configuration based off of the
original configuration, rather than having to rerun the procedure that
created the configuration in the first place.

Christopher Baines (3):
  services: Improve the upower-configuration record.
  services: Improve the upower-service-type.
  services: desktop: Deprecate the upower-service procedure.

 doc/guix.texi            | 79 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/services/desktop.scm | 92 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 2 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)