Subject: 27.0.50; Malfunctioning Cursor display
From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 15:45:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

This happens to me with the latest master :

Start emacs: emacs -Q
Since start I cannot see the cursor blinking.
If I type something: a or C-b, for example, then the cursor stops
being displayed
immediately and I can't see where point is anymore.
If I type: C-x b I can see the cursor as a hollow box, like expected,
but when I select the window (typing C-g, for example), cursor
disappears again.

There is no problem when running `emacs -nw'.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2018-10-08 built on the-blackbeard
Repository revision: a0605d96187bc4103a982cededcd12e2628aba66
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 94463 8670)
 (symbols 24 20134 1)
 (strings 16 28346 2587)
 (string-bytes 1 750579)
 (vectors 8 14254)
 (vector-slots 4 510532 11266)
 (floats 8 47 70)
 (intervals 28 202 4)
 (buffers 528 11)
 (heap 1024 17240 873))