Subject: Replace 'netstat' with 'ss'
From: Kristýna Streitová <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:27:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Since 'netstat' command (included in the 'net-tools' package) is
deprecated, we should switch from 'netstat -n' to 'ss -n' in
tests/init.sh file.

I'm adding a simple patch:

Index: gzip-1.8/tests/init.sh
===================================================================
--- gzip-1.8.orig/tests/init.sh
+++ gzip-1.8/tests/init.sh
@@ -525,7 +525,7 @@ rand_bytes_ ()
   fi

   n_plus_50_=`expr $n_ + 50`
-  cmds_='date; date +%N; free; who -a; w; ps auxww; ps ef; netstat -n'
+  cmds_='date; date +%N; free; who -a; w; ps auxww; ps ef; ss -n'
   data_=` (eval "$cmds_") 2>&1 | gzip `

   # Ensure that $data_ has length at least 50+$n_

Best regards,
Kristyna Streitova